This post may contain affiliate links which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through links.
If you are a professional user of a computer, you will know the importance of the second screen. High-end users use the second monitor for multitasking; the work becomes easier and more understandable.
Second monitors are great for monitoring and editing tasks such as CCTV camera monitoring or watching stocks. If you get tired of minimizing and maximizing the stuff, then you should buy some second monitor. This will be a great add on to your working space as you can do different tasks at the same time.
You‘ve hit the right article if you are looking for some best second monitor for MacBook Pro. The market is full of many Chinese brands that can easily confuse you when buying the second monitor.
We have reviewed some of the best second monitors to help you make a choice from shortlisted products. All the following reviewed products are great but differ in sizes and functionalities.
All the features are briefly discussed so you can know each and everything about the product. If you have decided to buy a second monitor, you must have a keen look at this article.Table of ContentsShow
Comparison Table Of The Best Second Monitor For MacBook Pro in 2022
- Exclusive AQCOLOR technology covers a wide variety of color spaces such as Adobe RGB,...
- Brightness (typ.) is 250nits; Aspect Ratio is 16:9
- Compliant standards: Plug and play, RoHS, TCO displays. Input connectors: 1 DP 1.2...
- Discover one of the world's first 34 inch 21:9 curved monitors with a panoramic view,...
- 27” 4K UHD (3840x2160) IPS 60Hz monitor with a wide 178° viewing angle featuring...
- Stereo 3W speakers co-developed by Asus SonicMaster technology provide rich, spacious...
- 27 inch 4k UHD resolution (3840 X 2160) IPS display
- HDR 10 Compatibility
- 21.5 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- And Radeon free sync technology. No compatibility for VESA Mount
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: WQHD (2560x1440p) resolution, ultra-fast 1ms (MPRT) response time,...
- NO IMAGE TEARING: AMD FreeSync technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in...
- PREMIUM MONITOR: 4K UHD (3840x2160) advanced ergonomic, 60Hz IPS monitor deliver...
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A four-sided ultra-thin bezel shows off more of your...
- With 99% sRGB color coverage, and a factory color calibration report to certify that...
- Maximize your viewing options by adjusting the monitor to your desired height, or...
- Diagonally Viewable Size: 60.47 cm / 23.8 Inch (31.5-inch wide viewable image size)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (16:9)
- 34” 21: 9 WQHD (3440 X 1440) Curved IPS display
- USB type-C connectivity
Also read: Best Monitors For Reading.
BenQ 4K UHD Second Monitor For Macbook Pro
|Screen Size||32 inch|
If you want to get a space-saving second monitor for Macbook Pro, then no other monitor can beat the level of BenQ 32 inches 4k monitor. This is a 32-inches big screen monitor that offers more screen space to you with a 4k resolution so that you can scale your interface as much as you can to bring the full details.
Plus, this big-screen delivers a UHD resolution of 3840×2160 pixels; you can enjoy incredible picture quality with lots of pixels and do picture editing with maximum clarity and preciseness. It has a plethora of features related to editing, gaming, and designing work that makes it the best computer monitor for Macbook pro.
- KVM support: As you want to use this as a second monitor, this monitor comes with the support of a keyboard video mouse. With KVM’s help, it allows you to display and control the content from two sources on one single screen by using one keyboard and mouse.
- Dual View: This mode is helpful in boosting your multitasking experience and also helps in maximizing productivity. BenQ 32 inches monitor allows you to switch on the dual view and display two different screens side-by-side, and improve your workflow.
- Ergonomic design: At the rear of this cabinet, there is an ergonomic stand that allows you to get this monitor’s perfect angle and position. It allows height adjustment, tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustability to opt for the best fit for your workstation.
- Stunning color precision
- Crisp UHD picture
- Out-of-the-box color
- Best for technical illustrations
- Build quality
- OSD controller
- Solid grayscale performance
- Robust feature set
- Low input lag
- Narrow Adobe RGB color gamut
- Advanced color options are limited
Dell UltraSharp U3415W Monitor
|Screen Size||34 inch|
|Connectivity||Usb , HDMI , Usb 3.0|
Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34-Inch is a wide curved monitor packed with a plethora of incredible features that deliver unbeatable performance. It is one of the best budget-friendly monitors in this listing, which makes it the best budget monitor for MacBook pro. You will get tons of remarkable features at a very affordable price.
Additionally, its UltraSharp monitor is equipped with a curved display that is uniquely built to bring enhanced panoramic viewing to the desktop and makes it the best curved monitor for MacBook pro.
The WQHD resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels spreads over this 34-inches widescreen. Plus, it uses IPS panel technology, which is best in grayscale performance, delivering great accurate colors and wide viewing angles.
- Integrated speakers: Enter in a new world of rich and engaging sound as this ultrasharp wide and curved monitor accompanies two built-in 9W speakers. These speakers deliver incredible sound quality that can transport you into a digital world.
- PIP/PBP: Get yourself into a new space of multitasking by easily displaying content from two different sources at the same time. You can use picture-in-picture mode and picture-by-picture mode to upgrade your workflow and maximize your multitasking.
- Wide connectivity options: The rear of this curved monitor is equipped with tons of ports and connectivity options. It has two DisplayPort slots, one HDMI 2.0 port, USB 3.0, and a separate MHL input to give you multiple connection possibilities.
- Sharp grayscale
- Powerful audio
- Curved screen
- Full-featured OSD
- Screen real estate
- Great viewing angles
- Offers accurate brightness and sharpness
- Best for multitasking
- Absence of side-mounted USB-ports
- Minor gamma flaws
Asus Designo MX27UCS Monitor For Macbook Pro
|Screen Size||27 inch|
|Connectivity||Usb , HDMI , Display Port|
Asus Designo MX27UCS is a 27 inches monitor with a powerful 4K resolution and IPS display panel. This is an inexpensive model known as the best affordable monitor for MacBook pro. Despite its comparatively low price tag, this monitor is designed to use in several different mediums, including editing, gaming, writing, and more.
This is the best additional monitor for MacBook Pro, which is equipped with an excellent contrast ratio of 16:9. It offers enhanced display clarity and sharpness along with a nearly invisible bezel. Furthermore, it comes with 3W of speakers to provide rich bass and a spacious sound environment to the users.
- Frameless design: This monitor provides an edge-to-edge display with minimal bezels as it is a frameless display that is neither too thick nor too thin. It is a space-saving slim profile monitor that gives a contemporary look and takes a little space on your desk.
- Eye-care technology: Asus Designo, this model is equipped with tons of eye care technologies to minimize eye fatigue and strain. It features Flicker-free technology and a blue light filter that perfectly reduces flicker and harmful blue light for a comfortable viewing experience.
- Extensive connectivity options: This model of the best second monitor for Macbook Pro comes with an HDMI port, DisplayPort, and a USB-Type C port. This USB-Type C port enables you to charge your device and transfer data with a speed of up to 5Gbps via a single cable.
- Sharp and clear display
- High contrast ratio
- Edge-to-edge display
- Very bright screen
- Tons of input options
- Great viewing angles
- Full 4k resolution
- Excellent for gaming and professional use
- Audio quality is not so great
- Limited adjustment options
LG 27UK850-W 27 Inch Monitor
|Screen Size||27 inch|
LG is known for decades for its high-quality electronic products. LG 27UK850 UHD IPS monitor is considered one of the best second screens for mac book pro due to its functionalities and performance.
LG27UK850 is one of the latest monitors by LG and has all the features that you can expect from a quality monitor. It comes in the 27” screen size with the high picture quality with 3840 x 2160 screen resolution. The IPS panel screen ensures the accurate, vibrant, and consistent colors that make it best for photo and video editing tasks.
- HDR 10 Technology: Least people know that HDR comes in different versions, such as HDR 10 or HDR 10+. The HDR 10 compatible devices allow maximum brightness of 1000 nits. It is an incredible feature to differentiate between blackest blacks and whitest whites.
- Sleek Design: When it comes to the design of LG27UK850, it is very simple and sleek and great for use for different purposes, such as using it as aa Tv or gaming screen. The curved screen stand is much sturdier than its look.
- Compatibility: You can connect almost all multimedia devices. The LG27UK850 comes with a USB-C port that allows 4k video quality connections between all the latest devices. There is no need to worry about multimedia ports.
- Slim and Sleek Design
- High Screen Resolution
- A pair of 5W built-in speakers
- FreeSync Technology
- There is no swivel option/li>
Acer SB220Q 21.5 Inch Monitor
|Screen Size||21.5 inch|
Acer SB220 Q is one of the most budget-friendly and multi-purpose monitors. The price of this monitor is much lower as compared to other monitors of its size and functionalities. It comes with an IPS panel that ensures accurate and ambient picture quality.
The response time of the Acer SB220Q is 4ms is not too appealing but enough for fast-paced games. This lower-priced monitor is not a gaming monitor but offers great features for amateur gaming.
It will be a great buy because of its features and a low price. And because it is so light in weight, you can consider it is the best portable monitor for MacBook pro.
Also Read: Best Curved Monitor For Macbook Pro
- MD FreeSync Technology: If you have got an AMD FreeSync compatible graphic card, then it will be an even greater monitor for you. You can turn on the AMD FreeSync and synchronize to enhance your editing and video gaming experience.
- Design: When we have a look at the Acer SB220Q, you will note the visible expensive feel. Its design will suit almost all types of computer space décor styles. It will be a great choice if you are making a multi-monitor gaming setup.
- Affordable: When it comes to the price, Acer SB220Q is one of the most affordable monitors. You get all the features and connectivity options in just around 100$. There could not be any other better choice if you have a tight budget.
- Highly Affordable
- Great image quality
- IPS display
- Ultra-thin bezel Design
- It lacks VESA mount compat
ViewSonic VX2758 27 Inch Monitor
|Screen Size||27 inch Curved|
|Connectivity||Display Port, HDMI|
If you are looking for some wide monitor for your mac book pro, then you should have a look at View Sonic VX2758. The size of the screen of ViewSonic VX2758 is 27,” but the frameless design gives the wider watching experience and lets you enjoy your work or game.
Calling it the best ultrawide monitor for MacBook pro will not be wrong. Unlike most monitors, ViewSonic VX2758 comes with Premium Eye care technology to keep your eyes safe from unwanted light rays.
Its high compatibility makes it the choice of a large number of users. You will not regret this buy due to its overall performance and design.
- Flicker-Free Technology: Gamers know the heed of flickering while tense gaming sessions. To keep the gamers concentrated and making their enjoyable game view sonic has included Flicker-Free Technology. It is an excellent add-on in this monitor.
- Blue Light Filter: Unlike most monitors, ViewSonic VX2758 comes with a Blue light filter that keeps your eyes safe all day. At night the eyes start watering due to extreme eye reflexes. The blue light filter in this is one of the best features of this monitor.
- Design: ViewSonic VX2758 comes with an exceptional frameless design, that makes its choice of many users. The frameless design results in a wider screen feel. This modern-looking monitor will suit all the room décor style.
Also Check: Best External Monitors.
- AMD FreeSync Premium Technology
- Anti -Flicker Technology
- IPS Panel
- Highly Compatible
- Not Ergonomic
ViewSonic VP3268 Monitor
|Screen Size||32 inch Curved|
If you are looking for some real ultra-widescreen monitor, there could not be any other better choice than ViewSonic VP3268. It comes with a 32” widescreen that will be great as TV as well as photo editing tasks.
This monitor has all the high-end features, but the price is much heftier. This will be great for professional studio tasks due to its high-end quality and its price tag of $900.
ViewSonic is a reputable name in the world of screens; it will be a great investment to your working space. The following are some quick features that you should go thought is the best ultrawide monitor for MacBook pro with 32” size.
- Screen Resolution: ViewSonic VP3268 comes with a high screen resolution of 3840 by 2160, with the refresh rate of 60Hz great for gaming and editing purposes. Its super clear IPS display allows 4K UHD picture quality and is excellent for editing and gaming purposes.
- Frameless Design: Nowadays, frameless design is like much more as compared to broad border screens. The frameless design gives a wider screen feel and suits modern computer spaces. This frameless digital canvas is highly attractive.
- High Connectivity: When it comes you the connectivity, ViewSonicVP3268 can be used with almost all multimedia devices such as MacBook, phones, or gaming stations. The ports include USB, HDMI, display port, and mini display port.
- Ultra-thin bezel design
- Supports HDR10 quality
- Supports HDR10 quality
- 4K UHD resolution
- Heavy on Budget
Dell P2415Q Ultra HD 4K Monitor
|Screen Size||24 inch Curved|
If you are looking for some quality monitor, then you should consider the 4K monitors. 4K monitors are not so much expensive but have more excellent image quality.
Dell Ultra HD 4K monitor will be a great choice here as it comes with a 3840 x 2160 screen resolution. It has all the modern display ports such as HDMI and USB mini display port etc.
Dell P2415Q has 23.8 inches wide LED-Lit monitor screen as it is the best computer monitor for MacBook pro. The colors are highly accurate and nearly perfect. The 8 million pixels display your video with remarkable quality. You should have a look at the following features if you are deciding to buy this monitor.
- High-Quality: Dell P2415Q Ultra HD 4k monitor uses the industrial grade material for its manufacturing. This product meets the latest environmental and regulatory standards making it an eco-friendly device.
- Compatible: You don’t need to worry about its compatibility. Dell P2415 Q has almost all the required ports according to present world devices. This monitor is compatible with all operating systems making it even more fabulous and a highly compatible device.
- Ergonomic Design: The Dell P2415Q offers a highly flexible ergonomic design. People of all the heights can use it by just adjusting the screen panel in or out. Most of the high-end monitors lack this feature. You can also change the screen orientation for special tasks.
- 4K Ultra HD Picture Quality
- Highly Compatible
- On-Screen Display buttons
- Adjustable Design
- It does not have inbuilt speakers
Dell U2414H UltraSharp Monitor
|Screen Size||24 inch Curved|
|Connectivity||Mini-Display Port,Display Port,HDMI,USB 3.0|
If you do photo or video editing and looking for some highly accurate color monitor, you should have a keen look at Dell UltraSharp U2414H. It is the latest LED monitor by Dell to meet modern requirements. Its thin border display makes it even attractive and expensive, and it is the best external monitor for MacBook Pro for professionals.
The screen size is 23.8,” which is enough for a single person display. You can mount it on the wall or just stand it on the computer table.
The more the monitor is adjustable, the more it liked by users. There is no doubt that Dell offers excellent picture quality as compared to most of the high-end brands.
- Ultra-Thin Display Border: The design of Dell U2414H is highly attractive due to its ultra-thin display borders. The monitors with thin borders look more expensive and suit the décor styles. Its design makes it a choice of a large number of users around the globe.
- Eco-Conscious: There is no doubt that the Dell company makes eco-conscious products for a greener earth. This monitor is made of premium quality material that meets the latest regulatory and environmental standards. It is a great initiative.
- Four ports: Dell U2414H has four ports for connectivity, which are Mini-DisplayPort, HDMI, Display Port, and USB 3.0. You can connect any device with any operating system such as Windows and iOS.
- Ultra-Thin Display Border
- High-Quality Display
- Anti-glare with Hard Coat 3H
- Anti-glare with Hard Coat 3H
- No Advance Color Settings
LG 34WN80C-B curved Monitor
|Screen Size||34 inch Curved|
LG 34WN80 C is one of the latest IPS monitor by LG. Its innovative curved design is great for all purposes, such as gaming and editing. If you are going to invest in your work or gaming, you should have a keen look at LG34WN80C. This monitor has all the high-end features that you can expect from a monitor.
Its widescreen size of 34” is even more significant with the 21:9 curve. This monitor price is much higher as compared to other monitors of this size due to the curved screen technology. The following are the features of this monitor.
- Curved Screen: It is the best feature of the LG34WN80C model. You will experience the picture quality like never before with the curved screen. This monitor is great for editing tasks as you can split the screen and use it more efficiently.
- Connectivity: The connectivity of the LG 34WN80C is improved as compared to the older models of the LG monitors. Four different ports for different functionalities have been introduced. This monitor is HDR10 compatible also.
- Ultra-slim Design: This monitor comes with an ultra-slim design along with a curved screen, which is not less than a future device. The stand of the monitor is height and tilt adjustable. The on-screen control makes it even charming and easy to use design.
- UHD Curved Screen
- USB-C connectivity
- On-Screen Control
- Too Expensive
What is the best monitor for Macbook pro?
The answer to this question completely depends on your working requirements and needs. Finding the best second monitor for dual setup requires you to do some additional search. However, it is not an easy task, but if you do complete research on features you need in the best monitor, it becomes an extremely effortless task to do.
A second monitor can help to improve your workflow and enhance your working experience very well. We will help you in finding the ideal option for your dual setup. Read this guide thoroughly, and you will know what the best monitor for Macbook Pro is.
What to look for in second monitors for MackBook pro:
This is directly or indirectly the first and foremost considerations as all the other factors and features depend on your budget. The high-end monitors are designed with high specs and features to meet heavy working needs, including 3d modeling, graphic designing, and gaming.
So if you pick a low-budget monitor, then be prepared to get some low-profile monitor with low resolution and screen specs. But still, there are many brands that are offering some budget-friendly monitors with incredible performance and screen resolution.
We have reviewed some best second monitors with enhanced screen features and high resolution in a budgeted price tag.
You add a second screen because of the need for additional working space to conveniently enhance your workflow and give you extra space to do multitasking. But first of all, you have to consider your desk space where you are going to place this second monitor.
A 24 inches monitor is a great option to pick, but as its size is small, the same as its features and resolution are. If you spend some more bucks, you will get a bigger screen monitor that is able to open up more possibilities of big displays.
So the screen size and desk space both are important to consider. If you have a restricted desk space, you can go for 24 inches display, whereas if you have more desk space, you can go for a widescreen. The screens more than 24 inches in size offers enhanced features as compared to the traditional monitors.
The traditional monitors mostly deliver a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. This resolution is delivered in monitors with comparatively small screen sizes. If you are a designer and want to get a high-resolution monitor, then you can pick a bigger size monitor as 4k resolution is common on big screens.
These screens deliver a 4K ultra HD resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, which are responsible for providing a vivid viewing experience. Color accuracy is also an important factor for designers and editors. So the monitors with a wide color gamut are the best for this purpose.
If you need to connect and disconnect your Macbook Pro, you must buy a monitor with a USB-Type C port. It will give you many benefits as this connection can charge your device and transfer the data via a single cable.
And you must check whether your choose model is equipped with multiple connectivity options or not. The more the ports are, the more connection possibilities it will offer to the users.
The load of work usually drives the need for the second monitor for Macbook Pro. The second monitor enhances your working experience as well as reduces your eye fatigue. All the above-listed products are best, but the Dell P2415Q will be the best choice if you do not want to spend a large amount on a monitor. It has enough features for offering the best experience.
Also Read: Best Ultrawide Monitors.