This post may contain affiliate links which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through links.
If you own a Macbook Air or a Macbook Pro, you will surely search for one of the best external monitors for the Macbook Air. Mostly Macbook has a display size of 15 or 16 inches, which raises the need to look for an external monitor for it.
When looking for the external screen for MacBook air, there are several things to consider. We have picked the seven best monitors that are packed with premium features, offer unrivaled performance, and give fabulous display results
- Screen size: 34 inches
- screen resolution: 3440 x 1440 pixels
- aspect ratio: 1269
- panel type: IPS
- weight: 23.3 pounds
- dimensions: 32.7 x 9.9 x 16.9
- Screen size: 27-inch
- screen resolution: 1920x 1080
- aspect ratio: 969
- panel type: IPS
- weight: 8.73 lbs
- USB Type-C: No
- Screen size: 24-inch
- screen resolution: 1920x 1080
- aspect ratio: 1.78:1
- Response time: 1ms
- weight: 12.13 lbs
- USB Type-C: No
With the decrease in laptop sizes, the manufacturing of USB Type-C and Thunderbolt is increased. MacBook series has other ports, and now it is relying on Type-C port as well. By keeping this in consideration, monitors include USB Type-C connectivity options.
Plus, these monitors help in your workflow and are able to work out to your benefit. Check the list below in which we have mentioned the seven best noteworthy models.Table of ContentsShow
List Of The Best External Monitors For MacBook Air in 2022
- 27 inch 4k UHD resolution (3840 X 2160) IPS display
- HDR 10 Compatibility
- Get an immersive experience and enjoy incredible visuals on this 38 inches WQHD+...
- Complete your work projects and enjoy home entertainment with vivid visuals, accurate...
- 34” 21: 9 WQHD (3440 X 1440) Curved IPS display
- USB type-C connectivity
- 38” Curved UltraWide QHD plus (3840 x 1600)
- Viewing Angle is 178˚(R/L), 178˚(U/D); Brightness is 450cd/m²; Aspect Ratio is...
- Philips E-Line 27" LED monitor with Full HD 1920x1080 and IPS panel for wide-viewing...
- Philips Ultra Wide-Color technology with 124% sRGB & 93% NTSC color gamut coverage
- 37. 5" QHD (3840 x 1600) Curved Widescreen IPS Display with AMD FreeSync Technology
- 75Hz Refresh Rate- Using Display Port or HDMI Port
- Ultra smooth action with 144 Hertz rapid refresh rate and 1ms (GTG) response time;...
- Ergonomically designed stand with Tilt,Swivel,Pivot,Height adjustment plus wall mount...
- 24 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen TN G SYNC compatible display
- 144 hertz refresh rate using display port | Response time: 1ms. Input voltage: 120...
- 24-inch WUXGA Monitor (1920x1200) at 60Hz, 16:10 Aspect Ratio
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 16.78 Million Colors, 6ms Response Time. Enhanced power...
Also Read: Best Monitors For Reading Text.
LG 27UK850-W External Monitor
|Resolution||3,840 x 2,160|
If you suppose to get a fully astonishing feature-packed average size best MacBook air external monitor, then LG 27UK850 is for you. This monitor takes up first place in this listing due to its impressive picture quality, consistent colors, and sleek design.
Enjoy vibrant colors and more detailed image quality with this 27 inches IPS panel screen. Its slim and simple design allows you to use this screen for multi-purpose. You can use it as a TV, a second computer for Macbook air, or as a gaming screen as well.
- USB Type-C connectivity: If you own a Macbook Pro or Macbook Air, this feature will help you connect such devices. You are fully permitted to watch 4K videos, transfer data, and charge your laptop or mobile at the same time by using this Type-C connection.
- HDR 10 Technology: This feature is great for content creators. With the addition of this technology in this monitor, it allows maximum brightness of 1000 nits. Plus, it can allow differentiating between blackest blacks and whitest whites easily.
- Adjustable screen: The ArcLine stand is included with this monitor that allows you to change the height, tilt, and pivot and adjust the screen according to your needs. Plus, its sleek design and the smooth curve of the base add a touch of elegance.
- Great performance
- Effortless setup
- Breathtaking display results
- Multiple connectivity options are available
- High screen resolution
- Lacks auto-input detection
Dell U-series LED-lit Monitor
|Screen size||38 inches|
|screen resolution||3840 x 1600 pixels|
|dimensions||35.2 x 8.91 x 21.54|
The dell company introduced this amazing range of curved and large displays without compromising the performance. The IPS panel of the screen makes it more useful, especially for MacBook air, making it one of the best monitors for Mac Air.
The monitor comes up with impressive features which provide you with the surety of bright and vivid colors even if you are viewing from extreme angles. Moreover, the response time and the monitor’s refresh rate are decent enough to work with it.
- Professional multitasking: This monitor enables you to multitask like a pro as now you have more room, tools, and the great features you require to work efficiently with ease.
- Easy on the eyes: This monitor comes up with the feature of a flicker-free screen which gives its consumers comfortable viewing by giving you relief from eye strain or fatigue for sure.
- Very compatible
- Great performance
- Impressive visuals
- Highly durable
- Value good for the money
- A bit costly
LG 34WN80C-B 34 inch Monitor
|Screen size||34 inches|
|screen resolution||3440 x 1440 pixels|
|dimensions||32.7 x 9.9 x 16.9|
This one is regarded as the best external screen for macbook pro in the market, and the editors and the professionals highly recommend it. It will help you in taking much more benefit from your MacBook air. The curved screen with a high aspect ratio gives the best experience of viewing ever before. The people who suffer from neck and upper back pain, this monitor’s size is proved to be the amazing one for you for sure as it has a perfect posture.
- Split screen: This monitor comes up with many screen control settings in which one is screen splitting so that you can do multitasking on your screen at the same time with much ease.
- Improved connectivity: The monitor has USB type C, which can faster transfer data from one place to another with the help of high power delivery of about 60 W.
- Excellent working
- Adjustable stand
- Ergonomic design
- Gaming modes
- A line appears after some months
LG 39WN95C-W Monitor
|Screen size||38 inches|
|screen resolution||3840 x 1600 pixels|
|dimensions||35.3 x 11.2 x 22.9|
This monitor plays a great role in being the macbook air second monitor or screen. This is regarded as the highly functional monitor compatible with the other MacBook models with much ease and comfort and giving it to you.
The wide curved screen comes up with many mesmerizing features that will make you fall for it. One flaw is that after having this, you have to put it in the middle of your room to get the best viewing angles of the monitor.
- Rich bass sound: This monitor has built-in stereo speakers that provide you the rich bass sound in a private room that covers a small room so that you don’t need extra speakers.
- High refresh rate: The monitor has a refresh rate of 144 Hz, allowing you to play games or watch movies or do productivity with the smooth and buttery flow without any difficulty.
- Many ports
- Well-constructed base
- Ultra-wide viewing angles
- White plastic backside
LG 34WK95U-W Second Monitor
|Resolution||5,120 x 2,160|
If you want to get one of the best monitors compatible with MacBook air, you must give this monitor a chance as it is the best in picture quality and screen size. This monitor is packed with amazing features and functions designed to meet both gamers and office workers’ needs.
The 5k resolution with a large screen size gives optimal working space to the users. It also displays decent HDR content, has low input lag, fast response time, bright enough for office use, and has a wide viewing angle.
- 5k resolution: The 5k high resolution of 5120 x 2160 pixels let you see more precise and in-depth images with more enhanced quality. This resolution displays more of the game arena on your screen to let you enjoy your games and get an immersive gaming experience.
- 178-degree angle: In both horizontal and vertical angles, this screen offers a 178-degree wide viewing angle. So you can watch and enjoy games, videos, pictures, and any content from any side and virtually from any position.
- Thunderbolt 3: LG 34WK95U model includes a thunderbolt-3 port, through which you can transfer 40 Gb/s data, high-bandwidth videos, 4k signals to two different screens, or 5k/60fps to a single screen, and charge laptop simultaneously.
- Pro-quality technology
- Versatile input options
- Large screen
- Great picture quality
- Attractive and minimalist design
- Quite an expensive LG model
Philips 276E9QDSB Computer Monitor
Philips presents a feature-full monitor with a modern touch and elegant style. This is both cheaper and powerful at the same time. Some of its features can surpass some other monitors in this listing.
This 27 inches screen uses IPS panel technology that delivers superb picture quality with a Full HD resolution. It has a frameless design, and it contains AMD FreeSync technology. Plus, this model is so light in weight that makes it the best portable monitor for MacBook air.
- AMD Free Sync: As this monitor comes with adaptive synchronization technology that ensures that lag is kept to a minimum. So you can get fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any frame rate. This tech offers a smooth and quick refresh rate and fast response time.
- Ultra wide-color tech: This screen uses IPS panel technology, and it provides 93% color coverage of NTSC gamut and 124% sRGB gamut. It means this screen will deliver a wider spectrum of colors to display brilliant images.
- Flicker-free tech: With the use of this technology in new models, the complaint of eye fatigue and headaches has decreased. This technology is responsible for the regulation of brightness and reducing flickers to provide a more comfortable view.
- Low price
- Very light in weight
- Sleek look
- High-performance monitor
- VESA compatible
- Lessen power consumption
- Lacks ergonomic options
Acer Gaming Monitor For Macbook Air
If you want to get a gaming monitor with a big screen and fast response time, then the Acer gaming monitor is the best choice for you. It comes with 37.5 inches big display. This is not like the traditional style monitors as it is a curved widescreen IPS panel screen.
This screen displays the content with a resolution of 3840 x 1600 pixels. It is great in providing stellar gaming performance and accurate colors on the screen. Plus, the type-C connectivity makes this one of the best monitors compatible with the Macbook Pro.
- 37 inches curved widescreen: The big 37 inches curved widescreen with QHD resolution give you an excellent wide working and gaming space. The IPS panel technology gives a wide viewing angle and lets you see the screen clearly from any angle.
- VisionCare technologies: The included EyeCare technologies in this screen minimizes the chance of getting poor eyesight and headaches. It has flicker-free and blue-light filtering technology to ensure you are getting a comfortable viewing experience.
- 7-watt dual-speakers: The entrenched 7-watt two powerful speakers offer loud yet clear volume and decent bass response. These are DTS-tuned speakers that will bring high-quality audio to your movies, videos, and even in games.
- Enormous screen space
- Solid performance
- Solid performance
- Ideal curvature
- Three-year warranty
- Hard to reach the port location
Asus VG248QE Monitor
Overall, it is a decent monitor and is rated as the best monitor to use with a MacBook air. It has a lot of gaming-oriented features, and the screen offers a good picture quality with a resolution of 1080p.
This monitor from the Asus brand comes with low input lag, low motion blur, and a high refresh rate that makes your gaming session more interesting and comfortable as you will get a fluid and smooth gameplay.
- 144Hz refresh rate: Asus VG248QE is a 24 inches monitor that provides one millisecond of pixel response time along with a 144Hz high refresh rate, making this monitor a perfect choice for gamers. Also, this monitor is 3D capable.
- TN panel technology: This monitor uses TN panel display technology, which is well-known for providing better response time. Although it does not provide a better viewing angle and image quality, it is best for competitive gamers.
- Fully-ergonomic stand: Its design and stand features full ergonomic support as it includes +/-45 degree swivel rotation, -5/+15 degree tilt mechanism, 90-degree clockwise pivot, and up to 110mm height adjustability. It makes an easy way for you to get the most optimal adjustment of the screen.
Also Check: Best Curved Monitors.
- Fully ergonomic design
- Excellent motion
- Fast pixel response
- Low input lag
- High refresh rate and fast response time
- Narrow viewing angles
- Absence of AMD FreeSync
Acer XFA240 Monitor
You will be surprised to see the price tag of this best monitor for MacBook air. This is a very budget-friendly monitor that comes with various gaming features. So this monitor is for those who want to get a quality gaming performance.
This affordable monitor will be your partner in times of need. Its ergonomic design and a wide variety of gaming features make it easy for you to get as much benefit as possible. And this monitor is also using a TN panel, so it wouldn’t betray you in terms of providing better response time.
- NVIDIA G-Sync compatible: With NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility, this monitor becomes a beast to provide you tear-free gaming and smooth gameplay with an optimal refresh rate of 144Hz. But this refresh rate is only obtained by using the DisplayPort of the monitor.
- VisionCare tech: This monitor includes a plethora of eye care technologies that ensure that the screen is offering a comfortable view. These technologies include flicker-less, blue light filter, ComfyView, and Low dimming that can reduce eye fatigue and headaches.
- Full HD resolution: In this price tag, the resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels look crisp on 24 inches screen. And with the aspect ratio of 16:9, no other monitor can beat this in terms of stunning pictures, color accuracy, gaming performance, and features.
- Out-of-box color accuracy
- Accurate sRGB color reproduction
- Full ergonomic support
- FreeSync and G-Sync compatible
- Smooth tear-free gameplay
- The stand lacks a swivel option
- Narrow viewing angle
Dell Computer Ultrasharp Monitor
If you want to get an above-average IPS LCD monitor that must deliver high resolution and wide viewing angles, then this model will meet your needs. It is known as the best second monitor for MacBook air due to its convenient features and wide connectivity options.
This computer monitor has a taller aspect ratio of 16:10 and an ergonomic stand that permits you to easily uses this monitor in the office or at home. Plus, it is a decent gaming monitor that ensures low input lag and offers a pleasing gaming experience.
- Ergonomic design: You can’t stress out the importance from a practical standpoint to have a plethora of adjustments available to you. It has three-axis rotation, including pivot 90 degrees clockwise or counter-clockwise, height adjustability of 115mm, tilt, and swivel.
- 16:10 aspect ratio: Dell ultrasharp monitor accompanies with a taller than average 16:10 aspect ratio that is quite impressive for productive tasks. It offers you more vertical viewing space, so you can do multiple tasks with much ease.
- Multiple ports: The rear of this monitor is loaded with plenty of ports to increase its versatility and offer multiple connectivity options. It comes with two HDMI ports, one DisplayPort, one mini DisplayPort input and one for output, a USB Type-B, and USB Type-A 3.0 ports.
- Wide viewing angle
- Adequate default settings
- Excellent aspect ratio
- Wide amount of ports
- Good color accuracy
- Response time is not so good
If you are heading the market to find the best display for MacBook air, you will see a lot of options there. In this listing, we have filtered the seven best options from a bucket full of external monitors for Macbook Air.
Our favorite pick is LG 27UK850-W, this model is packed with incredible features, and it is quite an inexpensive model. Even though it lacks auto input-detection, it is best in screen performance and picture quality.
Also Read: Top Second Monitors For Macbook Pro.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use two external monitors with my macbook air?
Yes, you can connect the more than two external 4K display screens by using the Thunderbolt 3 ports on your macbook air. If you want to connect two 5k displays, and then remember you can connect only one of them at a time. The same case goes with the connection of 6K display screens with macbook air.
Can a macbook air run two external monitors?
Yes, if you have the MacBook air system, you can connect the external monitors with it. But for it, you require a video cable for a single display, and might be you need an adaptor. So it is totally up to you that either you want that system setup or not.
Can macbook air support 4K?
Yes, it can support the 4K displays. If you have a new Macbook air model, you can playback the 1080p and the 4K display screens. The best monitor to use with macbook air will prove to be compatible with the 4K display for sure. Check the list and get the one.